My squeezed Pocket money


                                               
By the time the days are on the lower end of the calendar, my calculated pocket money squeezes for my daily expenses. My pocket money comprises of my bus fair, lunches, stationary items with some minor escalation considering the circumstances. First 20 days are all good, they are pretty loose I must say but these last 10 days are tough to make through. My mom has her own opinion on this situation that I don’t spend the money appropriately or I am impulsive on my expenditure or I miscalculate or don’t ever calculate (she might be right to some extent but I don’t give my verbal agreement, I mostly disagree)I would rather answer that it would have been lot easier to manage  the stuffs with bulk amount of money rather than with this malnutrient size of pocket money I get(I really don’t say that, she would get upset, I am a gyani daughter).

And these 10 days, my daily expenses squeezes to my bus fair. some people might find it so inappropriate but I really don’t feel like handling those 10 bucks to the fair collector(as we say khallasi)i  feel like slipping over other passengers and quietly get out of the bus without the pay. On the second thought I even had an idea of being on an agreement with the khalasis that I would pay lil extra money in first 20 days of a month to cover the fair for next 10 days. It would not have been that troublesome in our case as we hardly have 10-12 buses running  in our route .but I had to drop the Idea as I thought of what would happen if mom finds out ”she’s gonna kill me”!!

Then I began to think off the problem, beside the malnutrient size of pocket money I get and beside the uncalculated way of expenditure I do, I began to think about our economy (yeah I sometime feel like I am in some short of committee governing our country’s economy, or I am the president of Finance Department, making policies and all that..giving them advises on economic growth and stability, do this and that..Feels like I am sitting in this big chair and there’s this long conference table, everyone is keenly listening to me as I am saying very important stuffs..okay, it doesn’t work but I like to imagine myself in such scenario sometimes.)I am in my early 20s and I am unemployed (its  not voluntary one, I am desperate to have a job).if only we had an effective economy(we are one of the poorest country in the world.GDP per capita some USD700) if only we were over this “sangkraman kaal”(this reminds me of my disappointment from our leaders “come on dude, it’s been 5 years, long 5 years! stop making excuses  and get your b*tt off and get on your work!)..if only we had this “industrial revolution”(initially I thought how on earth the industry in Hetauda will affect our family income but it really  does know I learnt about this “multiplier effect” in my economics class, it actually does)..if only we had stable and working political condition(you know the systems and appointments are made on political recommendations and our government changes in every nine months,god only knows how the works are done.)if only we had stable labor forces(they say it encourage the foreign investments)..Wringing around these “if onlys” I came to my senses when our bus jerked in a dig on the road. The khalasi poked me with “Didi vada milaudai garam”.And I unwillingly with great difficulty handed Rs10 with “Dai card chha”.(The order of seniority doesn’t matter,Dai-Didi  can go along. It’s just a way of addressing I guess. Besides he no way was near to be called “Vai”,he was more like uncle to me.)
so then I thought, should I get furious on our government for not getting me employed so  end up with this *nothing* money or should I be grateful for having to pay just 10bucks as a bus fair because if its without student discount, I actually have to put more 5 out of my pocket(And I tell you that’s huge lot of money going out for me at this instant.)I don’t know…I think our country deserves more, lot more than she has right now. May be we need to put lot more effort, yeah we should. Meanwhile the khalasi dai  yelled “bansor-bansor”(that’s Baneshwor) out of his lungs. Some people find it irritating and they make this grinding teeth face with index  finger  in their ear-holes but I feel grateful to khalasi dais without whose shouting I would miss my station coz I am in this habit of falling asleep in bus.i know it’s jpt but I can’t help it(1hour bus ride early in the morning,we have our class at 6*AM*!)so I hurry up and get out of the bus.On the way I am stroked at  Bhattarai Sakahari Bhojanalaye  with it’s salivating aroma of aalu paraatha .They are simply DELICIOUS!sometimes when I think of not coming for classes,the thought of aalu paraatha brings me to classes but as I am tight with my pocket money today I’ll share it with tiger.she is my close buddy at class and so much into eating as much as I am.and when I don’t have money to pay I just whisper three lovely words to her,you know girls always fall for this “I love you” *wink wink*Sya what you thought I go for “pay the bill”. Anyway she does pay though. Recession or depression if you have a friend like her you always revive!  but sadly there is still one and half hour to our break that reminds me *I AM LATE!*leaving the smell of the aalu paratha behind, I rush toward my institute.

Comments

  1. I really don’t feel like handling those 10 bucks to the fair collector(as we say khallasi)i feel like slipping over other passengers and quietly get out of the bus without the pay.

    this made me remember myslf :D

    well written :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my pleasure..khai blog follow garne thau ni raincha..or shall i follow u in twitter? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually i am new on these settings so i didn't have quite an idea on that.
      but hey now i added it :D
      u can follow now :)
      (i so not want to lose my first follower!)

      Delete
  3. I cant find flaws..Thats impressive..
    And btw its so natural(some expressions have been exaggerated though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. students as well should be paid by the government, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for reading :)
drop comments...

Popular posts from this blog

Why we read books?

Why I thought Pashupati Prasad had insane ending?

Banduk vaneko Nepali ma “Gun” ho baba??