They went for moon!

earth view from moon

manchhe haru chandrama ma pugisake,yo alchi ko poko,ghaam tauko mathi aaisakda  samma ochhayan mai che!!”
When I was a kid, this used to be the wake up alarm from my mother for me. Every once in a while or at least every morning someone landed to moon for me. So u know this “man going to moon” thing was not fascinating to me at that time. I always wondered why people make such a fuss of the man and the moon. They have rockets, they have equipments, scientist, engineers what would it take for them to make a trip to the moon (at that time I thought these were enough to make it :)

One fine summer night, I was lying down  on the terrace looking up to the sky seeing stars. I  rolled my eyes to my moon buddy, I smirked my nose, adjusted my spect so that I can see him clearly through my lenses. I chuckled and said “who is tomorrow to land on you?”seriously? That is what I would say??I crossed myself, what am I!?getting there, up there is no way a drop by for grocery shopping. It is the freaking moon! The moon which is some 3.8 lakhs km from here, earth’s diameter is some 12000 km so on calculating that makes it some 31 earths in between…I can’t even visualize the distance!31 earths!!(sigh)but what amazed me the most was the idea of getting to moon. The first person whoever told he wants to go up there must have thought real hard.
 Okay today we  have this whole space station setup there, we have some short of thing that travels near the speed of sound and we now commercially offer trips to moon but back then in 1969 or at least before 1961,we no way had all these. And at that time someone to think of getting there was a very serious business. for me the whole team who thought for the first time and made effort to get it,is incredible! of course they did not succeeded the very first time, they failed frequent and often to which normal being could have given up. Whatever the circumstances were they fought, they worked continuously hard, persevered with great pain. Finally they made it! It was a milestone in human history, one of the greatest achievement of human civilization. They made our civilization enormous!
The team taught us to have dreams, no matter how gigantic and unachievable it may seem at first, you first just have to dream and to follow it at your best, work day and night for it, work, give up your time and your peace and sleep for it. The team with a great confident smile on us conveying “just go for it”!
Today one of the team member,Neil Alden Armstrong died..may his soul rest in peace…and may we never forget their lesson…


extra-referential-text:here a movie "October sky" which tells a story about a boy who wants to build a rocket but he knows nothing from where to start.u may enjoy it... :)) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why we read books?

Why I thought Pashupati Prasad had insane ending?

Banduk vaneko Nepali ma “Gun” ho baba??